Cant get higher speeds out of bonded connection

• Hi there, I have both my nas and my main computer hooked up with 2 Ethernet cables so i can use the 2 together so i can get 2.0gbps, However, when i try and bond my nas, It only uses 1gbps, anyone know how to fix this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

1) Are the upstream ports in manageable/smart switch? if you're connecting them to your home router.....then no comments.

2) You're only gonna get 2Gbits if you connect your desktop/laptop also in LACP mode with two nics or the switch has 10Gbit port and the desktop also. Best thing you can do is 2 separate computers in the same LAN downloading simultaneously at 1Gbit, also if the hdd are capable of pulling 200MB/s (ideally a raid5 or ssd)

3) This is commonly done done with identical nic cards, it should work but is preferred that the cards are same vendor/model

• If I may detail a bit @subzero79 's first point :) NIC teaming/bonding only works if you have a smart or managed switch which supports port teaming/bonding as well. Also, the internal switching fabric of the switch must be able to sustain that volume of traffic. These two requirements pretty much exclude any SoHo router with a built-in switch.

• 1) Are the upstream ports in manageable/smart switch? if you're connecting them to your home router.....then no comments.

2) You're only gonna get 2Gbits if you connect your desktop/laptop also in LACP mode with two nics or the switch has 10Gbit port and the desktop also. Best thing you can do is 2 separate computers in the same LAN downloading simultaneously at 1Gbit, also if the hdd are capable of pulling 200MB/s (ideally a raid5 or ssd)

3) This is commonly done done with identical nic cards, it should work but is preferred that the cards are same vendor/model

1) I am using a un-managed switch, connected to my home router, but it seems to support LACP
    2)I am using LACP on my desktop
    3)I am using a realtek and intel in my main compter, which seem to be running fine

• That's normal behavior. With LACP you can use only 1 physical trunk at a time with the same session.
    LACP uses different load balancing methods, for example mac address, or an IP/Port combination.

If your devices only support mac hash, you will never get more than 1gb from the same device, but other devices can use the second trunk.

The bonding module on omv should support other methods :

Code
    modinfo bonding
    filename:       /lib/modules/3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64/kernel/drivers/net/bonding/bonding.ko
    author:         Thomas Davis, tadavis@lbl.gov and many others
    description:    Ethernet Channel Bonding Driver, v3.7.1
    version:        3.7.1

What is used you can see here:

Code
    cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0
    Ethernet Channel Bonding Driver: v3.5.0 (November 4, 2008)

Bonding Mode: IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation
    Transmit Hash Policy: layer2 (0)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!