strange behaviour after update failed, no webgui, no Samba

• This evening I wanted to look closer into the issue that from time to time I need to reinstall my TV card drivers, otherwise VDR is not working anymore. However, when I logged I saw there where some updates waiting. I clicked install, but there was an error message. I didn't care too much and did an restart. After that, webgui wasn't available anymore. I did a restart again and watched the booting up on a monitor, everything seems OK, at the end "NAS login" was prompting. I can log in as root, like normal, but

Code
    omv-firstaid

==> "command" not found. I tried a few other things, I found here like

Code
    omv-mkconf nginx

and such, but always ==>"command not found"
    At the end I also found that Samba shares are gone, folders are not shoen in my Laptop explorer. Waht can I do?

• Thanks both for helping!

• Hope German message is no Problem

• Code
    Ich warte auf dich.....

Sorry waited half an hour, but then needed o go to bed, as at that time there where only 5 hours left for sleeping and then going to work.

Code
    Did you add anything to your sources list lately???

At least I don't think so. As described above, the last months I was only installing TV card from time to time again.

• Code
    root@NAS:~# dpkg -l | grep samba 
    ii  libsamba-credentials0:amd64         4.0.0~beta2+dfsg1-3.2+deb7u2       amd64        Samba Credentials management library
    ii  libsamba-hostconfig0:amd64          4.0.0~beta2+dfsg1-3.2+deb7u2       amd64        Samba host configuration library
    ii  libsamba-util0:amd64                4.0.0~beta2+dfsg1-3.2+deb7u2       amd64        Samba utility function library
    rc  samba                               2:3.6.6-6+deb7u5                   amd64        SMB/CIFS file, print, and login server for Unix
    ii  samba-common                        2:4.1.17+dfsg-1~bpo70+1            all          common files used by both the Samba server and client
    ii  samba-common-bin                    2:3.6.6-6+deb7u5                   amd64        common files used by both the Samba server and client

• Unfortunately no success :(

• Code
    Why don't you tell me every service you put on beside the OMV ones.

I have installed few things within OMV like Plex, VDR, extplorer and such, besides that I am at least not aware, that I have installed anything.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why do you have samba4 libraries installed?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

They didn't install on accident. That version has to be installed manually on Wheezy by apt-get install samba4. Different package name.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Again sorry, yesterday the Forum Server seems to had a problem. Couldn't reach the forum.

Code
    They didn't install on accident. That version has to be installed manually on Wheezy by apt-get install samba4.

Please believe me NO, NO, NO!!!!

Code
    when I logged I saw there where some updates waiting. I clicked install,

But I remember there was something about Samba in these updates.

Code
    had him remove what showed with grep samba and then try reinstall OMV. I never seen this.

What exactly can I do?

Edit: Just thinking about what could caused this problem, or what has changed. Could that be Windows 10 on a client?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!