OMV 2.1.6 hangs no screen and RAID Array fails

• Help? I have a brand new system, install OMV 2.1.6 and updated. Created RAID 5 array on (4) 6TB WD Red drives. Added one more 6TB WD Red drive. This morning OMV was non responsive, could not ping and no screen. Reset PC and it now says RAID Failed and is running Journal Recovery. What gives? Once the system comes up what do I need to post? Thanks!

• I wiped the OS, reinstalled, Wiped the RAID drives and create a RAID5 Array, says active. When i go to mount the array I get
    Error #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to mount '2a7e6b5f-a552-4951-b2ec-1ba75b93610c': mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/md0,
    missing codepage or helper program, or other error
    In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
    dmesg | tail or so
    ' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:921
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

• Am I doing something wrong here? Please just let me know if there is some type of protocol here to get a response. I deleted the md0 filesystem, recreated it and all appeared to be well. Showed clean, made shares and started copying over my data. I came back hours later and the system was non responsive. No web access, could not ping, could not access locally. Very odd, if the array or a drive died the OS should still be accessible and ping-able. What gives? I rebooted and now it seems to have fallen on its face says udevd[644]: timeout killing 'sbin/mdadm -- detail --export /dev/md0' [1681]

HELPPPPP! :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Wow great community here.
    Fixed problem. Installed Freenas and received proper information errors. Now I can see what issues are without the OS completely locking up on me.

Nice. That will make people want to help you more. I have been really busy getting my house ready to sell for the last week. Another mod has some personal issues. A couple more were away for the weekend. Just remember we all volunteer...

If I would've seen this post, I would've asked for this info. Your support info must have had an error because it isn't available. Also, a degraded array won't "completely lock to OS". There may be something else going on here. But since FreeNAS is so wonderful and fixed everything, I wish you well using it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat

Fixed problem. Installed Freenas and received proper information errors. Now I can see what issues are without the OS completely locking up on me.

Zitat

OpenMediaVault is primarily designed to be used in home environments or small home offices, but is not limited to those scenarios. It is a simple and easy to use out-of-the-box solution that will allow everyone to install and administrate a Network Attached Storage without deeper knowledge.

Well I´d got the same problem here, for a linux noob you better use another OS.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well I´d got the same problem here, for a linux noob you better use another OS.

That doesn't make any sense. Using the OMV web interface is not the same as using Linux. I'm sure most FreeNAS users are FreeBSD noobs...

I'm sorry you two had lockups. I'm sure it wouldn't have been too hard to fix. Linux hardware support is MUCH better than FreeBSD.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!