Roadmap, date, ... for OpenMediaVault 3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is Kodi plugin available in OMV 3?

There is no kodi plugin available for any version of OMV.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If you only use those three plugins, you could probably start using it now.

I was thinking about that :( Also I woulf love to use emby over plex if possible, so it's his plug in also avaible for OMV 3.0?
    Final things: do you already have a draft of the changelog of OMV 3.0? I only know that is based on a different debian version (the latest) and that you have rewrited a lot of things

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't think emby is ready yet.

Here is the changelog

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I would also like to see emby and zfs.

My only plugins in use at the moment. Both aren't ready for omv3 stable yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I would also like to see emby and zfs.

My only plugins in use at the moment. Both aren't ready for omv3 stable yet.

If you want ZFS i think that freenas is better, because ZFS is made for freebsd, not for unix.
    For what I know, we can use it on debian because it's a porting.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you want ZFS i think that freenas is better, because ZFS is made for freebsd, not for unix.

Actually, ZFS was made for Solaris and freebsd is unix. It was ported and included with freebsd because it has a compatible license. It was ported to Linux as well (although later), and is an external module because of the license conflict. That does not mean it is not good and has been declared production ready. Canonical (ubuntu) even offers commercial support for it.

• Emby is not buggy if you downgrade your mono version. I always have both, plex and emby, installed. I have not finished porting emby to OMV 3.0.21+ because of issues with mono. Will finish it as soon as that is cleared up.

• Actually, ZFS was made for Solaris and freebsd is unix. It was ported and included with freebsd because it has a compatible license. It was ported to Linux as well (although later), and is an external module because of the license conflict. That does not mean it is not good and has been declared production ready. Canonical (ubuntu) even offers commercial support for it.

my bad! i thought that because it was made for solaris, it was still better to use it on a freeBSD system :)

• No love for Kodi?
    If I'm able to install Kodi in OMV, then I guess I don't need the plugin.

In most cases you don't 'want' to install KODI (client software) on your OMV (Server).

However, you can install it for Jessie:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux#Debian

1) Make sure you have Jessie Backports activated:
    deb http://http.debian.net/debian jessie-backports main

2)
    apt-get update
    apt-get install kodi

• How will the upgrade/update process work?

At the moment im still on 2.25 but in the near future i want to re-set up my whole system with new HDD´s and for sure with OMV3.
    Should I wait until stable release or can I start using OMV3.x beta right now and upgrade it later ?

Or in less words.. IS OMV 3 ready for action..?

MSI B-250-DS3H-G4560 | some RAM | someTB WD red (snapraid) | OMV 5.x (latest) | DD Cine S2 V6.5

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is ZFS supported in 3.x yet? Right now I have a hacked up version of 2.x that works fine, so while I want to upgrade, losing ZFS would not be an option. Thanks!

The zfs plugin is not ready for OMV > 3.0.13 yet. And since I don't recommend running < 3.0.13, it is not ready yet.

How will the upgrade/update process work?

At the moment im still on 2.25 but in the near future i want to re-set up my whole system with new HDD´s and for sure with OMV3.
    Should I wait until stable release or can I start using OMV3.x beta right now and upgrade it later ?

Or in less words.. IS OMV 3 ready for action..?

Depends on your skill level and the plugins you use. Not all plugins are ready for OMV 3.x.

• The zfs plugin is not ready for OMV > 3.0.13 yet. And since I don't recommend running < 3.0.13, it is not ready yet.

Depends on your skill level and the plugins you use. Not all plugins are ready for OMV 3.x.

I´m not a professionell in Linux but I try my best ^^ kein Noob.. Ich schlage mich durch.

I need:
    -snapraid
    -Aufs
    -Autoshutdown
    -NFS
    -Backup/rsnapshot
    -Virtualbox
    -Wol
    Most of the time I use my Nas as TV-and movie streamer

MSI B-250-DS3H-G4560 | some RAM | someTB WD red (snapraid) | OMV 5.x (latest) | DD Cine S2 V6.5

• Offizieller Beitrag

aufs works on OMV 3 up to 3.0.24 but will not be supported after that. I recommend switching to mergerfs.

wol is not ready and on my list of plugins I'm not going to maintain but tekkb said something about picking it up.

All of the other plugins you listed are ready.

• Is this going to work on OMV 2.x?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• If you want ZFS i think that freenas is better, because ZFS is made for freebsd, not for unix.

FreeNas or FreeBSD isn't an option for me. I need debian as a basis. It's much more common to use and VDR (The Video Disk recorder) doesn't work with FreeNAS/FreeBSD.

I wouldn't use Emby right now; it's buggy.
    Use Plex or Kodi.

No, I don't have any bugs.

The zfs plugin is not ready for OMV > 3.0.13 yet. And since I don't recommend running < 3.0.13, it is not ready yet.

I still use omv 3.0.13. Everything works fine at the moment. But I hope someone will continue the good work with the zfs plugin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Emby is not buggy if you downgrade your mono version. I always have both, plex and emby, installed. I have not finished porting emby to OMV 3.0.21+ because of issues with mono. Will finish it as soon as that is cleared up.

Keep up the good work! ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!