MySQL - Uninstall to Reinstall and now no access

• Hi Guys

I finally got things working well after a steep learning curve and of course your help now and again. Well I say things were working well, that was until last night when I enable the roundcube plugin and noted the install DB button remained greyed out and I kept getting a warning that roundcube was unable to access the database (which I assume was the MySQL DB). Anyway to cut a long story short, I entered the root password I had used in the MySQL plugin 'Reset Password' section. Still the button was greyed out. I checked syslog etc and noted I was getting a warning that there were 4 root users without passwords, so set the passwords using User Management in the MySQL admin pages. I then logged out and went back into the MySQL management page and was presented with unable to initialise database or something similar to that, which locked me out of MySQL. I have not used MySQL as yet for anything other than to use the install DB on roundcube, which still remained greyed out, so I thought no problem I will do an uninstall of MySQL and then re-install it. This did not work and now, fool as I am, I deleted the MySQL Data folder after uninstalling MySQL again. I then reinstalled and enabled MySQL and when the Apply Changes option appeared and executed I just get the following Message and am unable to enable MySQL:

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf mysql 2>&1': Unable to find any database files in /var/lib/mysql.
    Unable to find any database files in /media/736d1c51-7104-43ac-a302-a1a85dea278a/MySQLData/.' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/mysql.inc:88
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(180): OMVModuleMySQL->applyConfig()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #9 {main}

I appreciate I made the fatal error of deleting the files left in /media/736d1c51-7104-43ac-a302-a1a85dea278a/MySQLData/ but in my ignorance of thinking I wasn't using MySQL as yet I thought deleting the files would be okay :( .

I didn't delete anything other than in the above location so I was surprised by the 'Unable to find any database files in /var/lib/mysql' portion of the message, but again thats probably my lack of knowledge with Linux. I just hope I haven't got to do another re-install of OMV (though I am getting pretty good at doing so lol) to correct the issue as I have finally got everything working as I like including my long standing problem with VDR.

As and aside question - I have set up email smtp to use my noip.com managed mail account but the test email never seems to get further than being in a queue. I have checked and rechecked the notification email setings and they are correct as per noip.com email settings on their website. Any ideas on this greatly appreciated.

Hope someone can help me out, thanks in advance.

PS. I am using SnapRaid but the MySQL Data folder is on a HDD that is not part of the SnapRaid/Aufs setup.

Andy ?(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I may be a confused
    ?( user but I have donated, so shouldn't you too!"

Silverstone DS380B 4+8 Bay NAS Case - ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac - Intel i5 4590T - SuperMicro AOC-SAS2LP MV8 8Port SATA Card - 60GB SSD (OMV OS), 3 x 500GB 2.5" Internal HDD (Non-RAID Plugin Data Folders & Backups) and 8 x 3TB HotSwap HDD (Data RAID 6) - PowerWalker Inline UPS

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!