Delete shared Folders

• Hi everybody!

I wanted to do some housekeeping and changed the folder structure to simplify my shares. So instead of 10 shared folders there are 3 now.

The problem I have now is that I can't delete the old and obsolete shares under: Access Rights Management > Shared Folders

I disabled the deamons from SMB and nfs already and disabled all SMB-Shares and deleted all nfs-exports. I also did a restart - but within the shared folders page it still says: used -> yes ?(

...and I can't delete it 8|:cursing:

BTW: I'm still on v1.19 and wanted to do the jump to v2.x now

:thumbup: Heads up! You’re editing your own user account, careless changes might lock you out! :whistling:
    _____________________________________________________________________________

:) :( ;) :P ^^ :D ;( X( :* :| 8o =O || :/ :S X/ 8) :huh: :rolleyes: 8| :thumbdown: :thumbup: :thumbup: :sleeping: :whistling:

• There is no need to delete the shared folders for upgrading to 2.X.

However, are you sure you do not use it anywhere else? In a plugin maybe? Plex etc?

It's only for houskeeping not for the update, I just want less shares...

Good idea with the plugins. I will check that - maybe it's the extplorer?!

:thumbup: Heads up! You’re editing your own user account, careless changes might lock you out! :whistling:

:) :( ;) :P ^^ :D ;( X( :* :| 8o =O || :/ :S X/ 8) :huh: :rolleyes: 8| :thumbdown: :thumbup: :thumbup: :sleeping: :whistling:

• Offizieller Beitrag

extplorer doesn't use shared folders.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It's only for houskeeping not for the update, I just want less shares...

Good idea with the plugins. I will check that - maybe it's the extplorer?!

Hmmm, doesn't look like.
    Just uninstalled extplorer and it say's the shares are still in use. Also a reboot didn't help...

I have no daemons (except ssh) running.

Anymore ideas`? Who's touching my shares? :|

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von username ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have user home directories enabled?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Do you have user home directories enabled?

Inside SAMBA? No, not even the service is running...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nope, I meant in the Access Right Management section:

• Nope, I meant in the Access Right Management section:

Checked: disabled (it is, and it was)

• Output of:
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

Here we go:

Code
    ii  openmediavault                       1.19                          all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-cups                  1.0.9                         all          OpenMediaVault CUPS (network printer server) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring               0.3                           all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg          1.30                          all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

• So no special plugins installed, which could use the folder... hmm.

Nope, and now I did the update to stoneburner 2.1.4 and the same problem still remains!

• Did you check home folder for your users. One might be using a shared folder on that drive. If so disable it and set it back to none. Highlight the user and click on the Settings TAB to check.

• Did you check home folder for your users. One might be using a shared folder on that drive. If so disable it and set it back to none. Highlight the user and click on the Settings TAB to check.

Just checked all of them and they are clear. Never used that "home folder" feature in the past

• Sorry, I see you checked that already.

Can you run the stat command on that folder????

change directory to one level above it.
    stat Documents

Also, copy the Documents shared folder section out of your /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file and post it in a code box.
    Here is an example for a public shared folder:

Maybe some user still has perms on it.

• Documents is a bad example because this is one of the folder's I keep. It's already in use again with a nfs-export. Following is showing the folder "test"

What I did was actually this:

I took the HD (offline) where my share's are and delete a couple of them (or moved them around). Now there is only 4 folders left. So 5 are just gone. They don't exist any more, nobody can access them.

Now I made already my new shares (4 in total) with nfs-exports.

Now there are just these fragments in the GUI I can't get out. Let see :P

• That folder is still being used by SMB/CIFS.... You need to delete it from the SMB/CIFS Shares TAB.

You should not do what you did. I'm not sure if you config.xml file is OK now.

• That folder is still being used by SMB/CIFS.... You need to delete it from the SMB/CIFS Shares TAB.

You should not do what you did. I'm not sure if you config.xml file is OK now.

You genius! I didn't deleted the smb-shares - just deactivated them and turned the daemon off! Was not enough :whistling:

So when I delete them - there are not "used" anymore and I can kill kick them.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!