Secure FTP access

• Hi,

I configured my FTP service so now I access my NAS from Internet using Filezilla client successfully, the only issue is that Filezilla shows a message that "the server is not secured".

How to secure it?

SSL/TLS Tab:

Enable SSL/TLS connections: Unchecked
    Certificate: None (when check "Enable SSL/TLS connections" the drop-down list shows "None" only)
    Required: Unchecked: This option requires clients to use FTP over TLS when talking to this server.
    No certificate request: Unchecked: This option causes the server to not send a certificate request during a SSL handshake.
    No session reuse required: Unchecked: The requirement that the SSL session from the control connection is reused for data connections is not required.
    Implicit SSL: Unchecked: This option will handle all connections as if they are SSL connections implicitly.
    Extra options: (blank)

Many thanks,
    Jalil

• I've just created a certificate and used it with FTP, unfortunately now I cannot access ftp folders!
    I'm using Active mode so I only NAT my PUBLIC_IP:21 to my NAS:21, do I need to NAT any other port?
    What about other above-mentioned options?

• I fixed it. full steps:

1. System > Certificates:

• Create a certificate (to be used with FTP SSL/TLS)

2. Services > FTP > Settings:

• Passive FTP: Check "Use the following port range": 14100-14110
    • Masquerade Address: <Public IP> : To fix FileZilla message "Server sent passive reply with unroutable address"

3. Services > FTP > SSL/TLS:

• Check "Enable SSL/TLS connections": To fix FileZilla message "Server not secured"
    • Choose the certificate created in step 1

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!