Openvpn as doesn't start well on boot. OMV 2.1

• Hello guys,

I have a problem with Openvpn AS plugin on OMV 2.1

Everything works pretty good but when I reboot my server, OpenVPN access server doesn't start and GUI is not available. But the dot on OMV is blue....
    I need to do a: "sudo service openvpnas restart".After this, everything works fine again...

I had this soft too on the same server with ubuntu 14.04 and had the same problem but nobody helped me...
    https://forums.openvpn.net/topic19094.html

For the moment, I have solved it, defining on cron tab the following command:sleep 10 && service openvpnas restart.
    I would like to solve it on a clean way...

help?

• No I don't.
    Only Openvpnas.

It's strange because I had the same issue on ubuntu and now on OMV/debian again....
    openvpnas works once I restart the service, if not...it doesn't work on start.

What can I verify?

• Hold on, I give you something to try...

update-rc.d -f openvpnas remove
    update-rc.d openvpnas defaults

See if that helps...

Nop...
    I'have done it.
    Reboot and still the same....
    Can't access to openvpnas GUI and can't connect through VPN to the server either....

:S ...

• It is weird and you had same issue on Ubuntu.. I'll think about it. I don't think anyone has had this issue.

Go to the logs in the web gui and look at the OpenVPN AS log. See if you find anything there.

• Good!!!

You need to have a static ip or use a static lease on your router when you use OpenVPN AS anyway.

I've always had a static lease, it's great when you change your OS, you know that the IP will be the same... but apparently not enought for the openvpnas service which starts really quick (or my eth0 really slow...).
    When I saw this log, I quickly thought about this... and lucky me, it worked :)

Question: can I delete openvpn and openvpnas users (I already configured my own admin user on the server)? it's just because I don't like to see its on the list... lol. Call me a maniac.

• I would not delete them. I think in the Admin UI for OpenVPN AS you can take away or disable their rights. Do that. Thoses users might be used for other things behind the scenes. It could possibly cause issues with plugin removal too.

I would still keep your static lease in your router in case you need to boot a rescue disk or something.
    It is hardware or firmware issue. Your eth0 should not be coming up so slow.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!