Installed OpenMediaVault 1.19 on top of Debian minimal. Update Manager is blank.

• Hey, I'm pretty new to OMV. I installed OMV 1.19 on top of Debian Wheezy and have had it for about a week.

Since I've had it, the Update Manager is blank and I'm unsure of how to upgrade to versions 1.19 and up.

I've done some Googling and made sure my DNS servers were set. set my domain name to local, and I've also tried apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, but it just says

Code
    The following packages have been kept back:
      openmediavalutdb
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

I'm fairly new when it comes to Linux systems.

Thanks.

• Since I've had it, the Update Manager is blank and I'm unsure of how to upgrade to versions 1.19 and up.

For cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list I get

Code
    deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public kralizec main
    # deb http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/openmediavault/packages kralizec main

For cat /etc/network/interfaces, I get

• Just did and rebooted the server. The update manager is still blank. Thanks for the help so far.

• I get:

and ifconfig gives me

• dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

gives me:

Code
    ii  openmediavault                     1.19                          all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-couchpotato         1.0.3                         all          OpenMediaVault CouchPotatoServer plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring             0.3                           all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg        1.29                          all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    pc  openmediavault-owncloud            1.4                           all          OpenMediaVault ownCloud plugin
    ii  openmediavault-sickbeard           1.0.3                         all          OpenMediaVault Sick Beard plugin
    ii  openmediavault-snapraid            1.5                           all          snapraid plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-transmissionbt      1.4                           all          OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.

and the ifconfig info:

eth1 is my main nic I believe. Originally it wouldn't recognize my nic so I installed it on another computer, installed backports, and then moved it to my NAS box. eth0 would probably be my desktop.

• You seem to have the latest packages. Have you noticed a newer version of anything???

OMV 2.0 is the latest. To upgrade to that you need to:

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    omv-release-upgrade

• Ah, that was it. I ran apt-get update and apt-get upgrade but not omv-release-upgrade. I assumed the 2.x update would show up on the update manager. Sorry and thanks for the help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!